ight when you see those lovely pair of sandals, you buy them because you can’t stop thinking about them. That is a true characteristic of a shopaholic, after all, we are helping the economy! But since that pair of footwear earns you so much of appreciation and too much of glamour, you owe them some care! When we buy some expensive shoes, we need to stack them safe somewhere, so that they can be used again and again without losing their gleam! Since nobody loves to wear a pair of worn out sandals in the party, so shoe racks come to your rescue!
There are shoes of different shapes and sizes, especially, if you share your shoe rack with your family, there are some considerations, that must be undertaken before stepping out to buy yours:
- Space Available for Storage: You need to use your measuring tape to find the length, breadth and height of the rack you own or are planning to buy. Then, check for that space in the corners of the room, or inside your closet, and even under your bed. Taking the measurements in inches will be helpful if your planning to buy the shoe racks online. To add dramatic, yet sophisticated looking stands, go for a telescoping shoe tree to hang your beautiful bellies!
- The height of the shoes to be homed: From high heels to shoes and gumboots to flat slippers, you own some foot-wears of the varying sizes. It is not feasible to buy a separate stand for different size of shoes. So, before the purchase, it is paramount to consider your footwear collection and only according to that buy the best-suited shoe rack. A shoe stand with adjustable shelving would be a perfect solution.
- Capacity consideration: If you own some ten pairs of shoes, and you buy a wall-sized rack, then you would be wasting the storage as well as your money. Therefore, first, consider your collection and then make the choice of the shoe stand accordingly. You must not keep storing the shoes that you have not worn in the past three years, or those that do not fit you anymore. Sell them away or just weed them out without thinking much. This always makes some space for new shoes! Don’t just count the footwear you already own at present, spare some space for the ones that might come in the near future.
- Air for shoes: Many times, our feet sweat in those bellies for the entire day, and as soon as we return home, we tend to put those off and stack them inside the rack. But if that shoe stand does not allow our sandals to breathe, then we might invite some foul smell and fungus growth in our bellies. So, on a rainy day, we can not keep the wet shoes outside the rack, neither can we keep them inside the rack if the rack we own is a dark, closed box! A good shoe house must allow the proper amount of air.
- The look and feel: It won’t be good if you select an aesthetic looking shoe stand that serves fewer utility purposes or go for a very useful shoe rack that looks terrible with your decor. Be smart, and find a way to choose the furniture, which is a perfect balance between good looks and use-fullness.
- Pocket consideration: You can not finalize your shoe rack, without paying heed to your budget. Wooden shoe racks are costlier than plastic or metal shoe racks, but they last the longest. Also, a wooden rack adds to the beauty of your room like none other.